Our proposal encompasses the entire NRG property.
Traffic and streets
- Widen several city streets to add new lanes.
- South Main
- Create new city street connecting NRG Parkway to South Main.
- Create new public streets on NRG Park property owned by Harris County (new county roads)
- Kirby North (Red) Lot
- South End at 610
- Fannin at Holly Hall
- McNee (west of Kirby)
Hotels on property but not in Astrodome*
- NRG Parkway at Stadium Drive
- Share parking with Kirby North Garage
- Street access from Kirby
- Kirby south at 610
- Fannin south at 610
- *Handful of luxury suites, upper levels insied Astrodome
- More & better arena and exhibition space
- 100-acre green park with garden terraces above covered parking
- Concert Pavilion for 15,000, comparable to CWMitchell
- Museums and institutes on future/space/energy/tech/engineering
- Immersive experiences
- Transparent solar panels in the skylights
- Miniature monorail linking all amenities
An Encompassing Vision
ASTRODOME*TOMORROW'S NRG Park Program is intended to serve its surrounding neighborhood, the larger Houston area and tourists from around the world. It envisions creative collaboration involving numerous kinds of communities, companies, institutions and interest groups, all cooperating in a spirit of civic pride and public service. The park we envision is intended for night and day use, and emphasizes fitness and active recreation.
ASTRODOME*TOMORROW is partnering with World STEM Works, C-STEM and Museums International to propose a rich mix of activities and amenities including the National Institute of Technology and Innovation and several hands-on museums including the American Oil & Gas Hall of Fame, a Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Museum, a Museum of the Future, America's first Museum of Mid-Century Modern Design and an Astrodome Museum. A collection of smaller, boutique and traveling museums will inform and entertain on fun subjects from Houston fashion to UFOs!
We are a group of professional designers, business developers, planners, STEM educators and historians who have joined forces to recommend highest and best uses of the Astrodome and to advocate solutions for other challenges and opportunities within the Reliant/NRG Park complex.
We are searching for partners who have the financial means and imagination to team with us, to create a unique world attraction in and around this iconic structure.
Any new programming considered for the redevelopment of the Astrodome must include significant unique elements that create a destination for the region.
Reliant Park Master Plan Analysis, 2012